[nagdu] Jury finds IA Dept. forBlind'sguidedog policy does notdiscriminate

Marsha queen.marsha.lindsey at gmail.com
Sun Feb 22 07:57:54 UTC 2009

Julie,
For my 32 years of life, I have had varying degrees of vision. Being born
visually impaired, then losing my vision very early in age, but with surgery
was given it back, and then that process started all over again. My poor
vision never lasted long, and then I was able to see. Unlike most I fought
hard to keep my vision, at a very high risk. I have only been totally blind
for a few years. So in regards to you thinking I have been blind for a long
time has no relevance to my acceptance. I was taught blindness skills very
early in age, at that point thinking I would never need them, and in fact I
remember clearly that I hated learning Braille and how to use a cane.

I think some people who go to rehab centers are newly blinded, but there is
a handful who have been blind all there life too, who did not get certainly
little skills that they need.

I think there is some truth to the matter that it depends on the time, but
it also does not matter the time. Acceptance is on an individual basis, and
like I said before with all the training, with all the skills, it still
musts come with in, a person must want it themselves.
Just my thoughts,
marsha