[nagdu] schools

Angie Matney angie.matney at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 21:03:09 UTC 2009

Hi Bob,
It's interesting how each of us grieves differently. I had to retire Glaze at a particular time because of school and work situations. I had my class date a few months ahead of time, and I did some...anticipatory grief. I do think this made her ultimate retirement easier for me, but it was still unbelievably painful. I knew that I wanted another dog right away, and this turned out to be the right decision for me. I am also lucky enough to be able to keep Glaze (a female yellow Lab) in her retirement.

Glaze was from Guide Dogs for the Blind in San Rafael, California. My current guide is a female German Shepherd named Yani from The Seeing Eye. We've been a team for a little over a year.

Finally, I wanted to take the opportunity to welcome another West Virginian to the list! I now live in Virginia, but I grew up in McDowell County.

Glad you and Amos are working out so well.

Best,

Angie

Sent from my Nokia N82.