[nagdu] Guide Dog School's Ownership Policies

Marion & Martin swampfox1833 at verizon.net
Fri Feb 27 14:14:24 UTC 2009

Dear All,
    I'm not sure what the policy is now, but when I sat on Southeastern's
Graduate Advisory Board I advocated for and negotiated a full ownership
policy. Of course, Southeastern has renegged on their agreement that the NFB
would always be represented on their Graduate ADvisory Council and one of
their Board of Directors is the President of the Florida Council of the
Blind, so who knows where the ownership policy is now. BTW, I mention the
ACB only because, when I first brought up the question of ownership to
SEGDI's Graduate ADvisory Council, I was lambasted by the other members, all
of whom were ACB members. One even said to me during a meeting, "We don't
want to hear the NFB rhetoric any more!" Fortunately, Mike Sargeant was
present and put a stop to it, stating that, if we close our minds to new
ways of doing things, no progress will be made. Just a little history of
this issue!

Fraternally,
Marion