[nagdu] Food rewards

Wayne Merritt wcmerritt at gmail.com
Sat Feb 28 18:46:12 UTC 2009

Early on when I came hoem with my new Shepherd guide a few months ago,
I tried to use some kibble as a food reward for finding our cubicle at
work. She ended up taking the reward that I gave, but then shortly
after that she dropped it on the floor. I found it a few minutes
later. Granted, this is only one instance, but it led me to think that
my Shepherd at least may not be stimulated by food rewards. I haven't
tried the same trick again to be sure if this is true or if she just
refused that one time. She's pretty sharp though, so usually it just
takes me putting her at sit and praising her a lot to imprint
something on her mind.

Wayne