[nagdu] food rewards and treats

Ann Chiappetta dungarees at optonline.net
Sat Feb 28 22:33:41 UTC 2009

Hi all;

I'm a recent graduate from Guiding Eyes and we used food but only to reinforce behaviors which were a bit weak or needed a bit more work.

We were also shown clicker training and I've found that Verona responds to it for targeting quickly. I do phase it out and go to praise once the behavior is indented. Like finding the trash can or the bus stop. It's a great training tool if done correctly and used appropriately.

As for high value treats, Charlie Bears are great as well as Pro Treats, though the former are low cal and the latter are expensive and not available in small quantities.
I also found Obey brand treats are good, too, and are in the supermarkets.

        Be Well,

Annie C.

I write to find out what I think. -- Stephen King