[nagdu] guide dogs and loud music

Rusty Perez rustys.lists at gmail.com
Sun Jan 4 18:20:08 UTC 2009

Hi folks,
Each time I get a new dog one of the first things I ask for is a dog
that won't be bothered by loud music because I play in a couple of
different bands.
My first dog didn't have any problems at all. Often she'd doze off on
stage. She would generally relax or sleep while we were at concerts.
By contrast, she was very afraid of fireworks. I haven't noticed any
apreciabl problems with her hearing and she's twelve now.
My current dog is a pro. When we're on stage she'll relax. She's
attentive, calm, and is ready to work when we're done.
However, she's not as comfortable around loud music when not in
harness. This could possibly be because she gets bored easily and so
sitting and listening, even at movies is boaring for her.
I'm wondering first if anyone has experience in this area. I'm
wondering if maybe I should think about getting my dog some ear
protection. There is such a thing. They're called "mutmuffs"
Any thoughts?
Thanks
Rusty