[nagdu] off topic sorta

Stepper stepper12 at cableone.net
Mon Jan 5 02:07:39 UTC 2009

With today being Mr. Braille's birthday of 200 years I can not help but have a few thoughts.
Two skills I have learned as a blind person that helped the most for me were.
1. Learning how to work a guide dog.
2. learning Braille.
These two skills have given me independence, pleasure, and have boosted my self-worth.
My mother was blind for 82 out of 83 years of her life.
Mom became a proof reader for many years for the nls Braille devision, but because she never learned how to use a cane or a dog missed one of the greatest feeling there is, in picking up that handle and heading out on that next adventure with our dogs.

stepper .