[nagdu] Fw: Breaking News About DOJ Changes

Marion & Martin swampfox1833 at verizon.net
Sat Jan 10 03:57:14 UTC 2009

Lora,
    though the monkeys trained to assist quadraplegics may do great work,
there are several issues with them that create a health risk (direct threat)
that cannot be mitigated by a modification of policies, practices, or
procedures. Monkeys can carry serious infectious diseases that can be
transmitted to humans. They also are wild animals and have seriously
attacked and injured others when startled. I believe these are the reasons
the DOJ has reconsidered them as service animals.

Marion