[nagdu] progress with newest boxer/future service dog

Bunny Davidson bunnydavidson at live.com
Sat Jan 10 14:59:09 UTC 2009

hi linda,

My newest boxer here, the one i mentioned pulling out of newark nj-
well he is so funny...
he recently discovered some of the stuffed elmos (out of the rotating dog toy boxes)

for last few days he grabs them and goes nuts throwing them to himself, catching them and growling at them while his
big undocked tail wags maddly from his up in the air butt!

he likes the spanish elmo (sings and talks sesame street theme song and basic words)
and the alphabet song elmo...

right now he just pulled off my slipper and is licking my right foot as i type in my recliner...

he seems to just live to play and be affectionate...

I am sure he knows I saved him from hell on earth...

seems its never too late to have a happy puppyhood!

take care
bunny

From: lindagwizdak at peoplepc.comTo: bunnydavidson at live.comSubject: Re: HiDate: Fri, 9 Jan 2009 10:43:52 -0800

Hi Bunny,
I like to use acrylics when I paint.  It is bright like oils but I like that it dries pretty fast and I can fix a mistake with the brush.  I also don't like the turpentine you have to use with oils and the fumes - these trigger migraine headaches!  Acrylics have no smell and are water based.  I've painted on fabrics and they don't wash out once the paint has dried well.  I paint wearing magnifying glasses with my nose close to my work.  I can do larger work without the glasses.  I have been drawing since I was three years old!

My twin also draws and colors with markers.  She's visually impaired as well.  Her work looks like cartoons and she draws pictures of kids and pets, houses, beaches with nice sunsets over the water - California scenes! I also have a younger sister who is sighted.  She also does art and she paints in mostly oils and some watercolors and pastels. She does barns, cows, and mainly horses.  She has a website with all her work.  You might like to visit the site and it's www.katedardine.com.  I have a watercolor of a yellow Lab she saw at a horse show and took a picture of it. She paints from pictures mostly.  My other sister and I draw from our heads without a picture.  The picture I sent you is one of the rare ones I do from a picture.  I took that picture while on a walk when I lived in Ramona.

That professor of yours sounded like an idiot. Maybe they would have been happier teaching drafting instead!  I took drafting in school and it is very particular in how it is done - exact measurements, perfect circles done with a template or a compass.  Even your lines have to be to specification along with which lead you use.  Art is very different.  Sure, you learn certain tecniques in how to get different affects.  But art is so different and individual to the artist.  Don't let that idiot stop you.  Just do something and let it please YOU!  Go for it!!

I don't know about where to kayak in the Montpelier area.  There are rivers and ponds, Lake Champlain near Burlington. Go on the Montpelier website and I think they have a section of recreation opportunities in the area. Just Google "Montpelier, VT" and you'll get it.

That's too bad about you maybe losing your farm.  There are many nice places in Vermont where you aren't so isolated.  My favorite place in Montpelier is "The Meadows" section of town.  Yoou can easily walk to downtown from there. That area is right near Hubbard Park, a really nice wooked park with walking trails where people can cross-country ski in the winter.  It is really hilly there.  I will have to get used to walking hills again - been a "flatlander" for too long!  I left Montpelier in 1981 after I graduated from Goddard College in Plainfield, VT.

I really like Central Vermont.  Frank tells me that Burlington is really nice as well.  There's an airport there to connect to New York.  The snow there is more of the wet kind because of the nearness to Lake Champlain.  Montpelier is drier and less ice because there are only a few relatively small rivers there.

Sure, I'd love to have you visit once I'm settled in.  I want to try to rent a house where I'll have a yard for dogs to play in.  Landon would like your dog - he LOVES other dogs!

Take care.

Regards,

Linda and Landon