[nagdu] keeping dogs warm

Julie J. jlcrane at alltel.net
Thu Jan 15 19:17:31 UTC 2009

I also have one of the commercially available dog coats. the outside is like
a windbreaker material and the inside is fleece.  It has Velcro to adjust
the chest size across the front of the dog.  It fastens with a Velcro belt
around the rib cage.  Right now I am putting it on under the harness, until
I have the time and ingenuity to figure out something that can go over the
harness.    I also made a sweater, but it is very bulky and doesn't do much
at all when it's windy, which is most of the time. *smile*

I spent something like $12 to $15 for the coat.  If you or someone you know
is handy with making garment alterations, maybe you could work out how to
alter the coat so it can go over the harness.

HTH
Julie