[nagdu] blind contestant on american idol

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 16 00:49:25 UTC 2009

My daughter just called me tonight. I didn't watch Idol like I usually do especially the auditions they are funny.

She said that there was a contestant that is going to Hollywood and yes he is almost totally blind.

here is some information that I found so far.

The show also features the inspirational story of 23-year-old Scott MacIntyre, who is almost completely blind.

He impresses the judges with his version of Billy Joel's And So It Goes, and makes it to the next stage of the contest.

It is funny because those from the writer division and from Robert Newman's list the thought provoker, we talked about this last year, so guess what it is now a reality.

We should watch and support remember we need to call in when the show is in full gear to vote for him, especially if he is good enough he was good to go to hollywood, let us support him.

Cheryl Echevarria
Treasurer
National Federation of the Blind Greater Long Island Chapter
Member NAGDU, NYAGDU and DAN