[nagdu] The Response I received from PETA

Angie Matney leadinglabbie at mpmail.net
Fri Jan 16 16:42:55 UTC 2009

Hi Tracy,

I saw a guy use such an assistant once. I don't know that it was his usual mode of travel. He and I were taking online classes together, and one class required us all to meet together for a thre-day session. I showed up with my guide, and he
came with a woman. If people tried to talk to her, they were told not to do so. In fact, I don't think I ever heard her speak during the entire three days we were there. It worked for him; he got where he needed to go. But based on the
comments of others in the program, he was not viewed as having the same amount of independence I had. Unfortunately, I could tell that the professor thought so, too.

Angie