[nagdu] Travel

Ginger Kutsch gingerKutsch at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 19 19:56:13 UTC 2009

Dear Ron,

The Canadian Food Inspection agency web site
http://www.inspection.gc.ca/english/anima/heasan/import/dogse.sht
ml
states that "assistance dogs that are certified in canine vision,
hearing ear, or other special skills are exempt from import
restrictions when the person assigned the dog accompanies it to
Canada.

You will still need to bring your dog's proof of rabies
vaccination though. The CDC,
http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dq/animal/dogs.htm#dogs
requires that any time guide dogs are taken out of the United
States, they  must have a certificate showing they have been
vaccinated against rabies at least 30 days prior to reentry.

Ginger