[nagdu] Questions about Federal regs regarding paratransit

wcmerritt at gmail.com wcmerritt at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 20:11:40 UTC 2009

The bulkhead seats are also not very good for those of us with long
legs. I measure at around 6 feet tall or so, so those bulkheads can
sometimes be tight with my long legs. Of course, sometimes the regular
seats aren't much better, but I figure at least my dog is under the
seat in front and not taking up room along the row of the bulkhead.
And, since I fly a lot between Austin and Dallas, the flights are only
an hour. I figure that i can put up with anything for an hour. However
there was one flight I took ten years ago from Austin to Colorado
Springs that was 2 hours. I was told the plane was full and I "had to
sit at the bulkhead." I tried to argue my seating arrangement, but
each time the attendant said, "Sorry sir, the flight is full." So I
gave in. Let me tell you, sitting there for 2 hours for someone with
bad knees was definitely not comfortable. Ug. I have gotten into some
arguements with the Southwest attendants, but generally keep my seat.
I even had one tell me, "It will be more comfortable for you as well
as your dog." To which I responded with, "Oh? You mean you can move
the wall up for me? No thanks, I'll stay here. this is fine."

Wayne