[nagdu] hi

Julie J. jlcrane at alltel.net
Tue Jan 27 23:24:16 UTC 2009

Okay, when you say, "guide dogs" that typically refers to a specific school
called, "guide Dogs for the Blind" located in California and Oregon.  There
are a number of guide dog programs in the U.S. maybe 15 or so.
There are a handful of very small organizations that I have heard of or seen
advertising that say they train guide dogs.  I can't even remember the names
of most of these.  I have no knowledge of the quality of the guide dogs or
their training.  If you go through one of these, I'd do some quadruple
checking.

There are also private trainers that will train a guide for you.  These are
rare and generally expensive.

To the best of my knowledge places like CCI and Paws with a Cause do not
train guide dogs.

To the best of my knowledge Leader Dogs is the only guide dog program that
offers a white cane mobility course.  Generally if you want white cane
training you would go through a state agency or if you are looking for an
all inclusive program one of the NFB centers might be an option.

If you could explain what your needs are or what you are specifically
looking for I would be able to give more specific recommendations or places
to go for more information.

HTH
Julie