[nagdu] Getting another dog

lindagwizdak at peoplepc.com lindagwizdak at peoplepc.com
Thu Jan 29 17:55:12 UTC 2009

Hi Rebecca,
You know, why I was let go from that job upon coming home with a guide dog,
I'll never know.  They never gave me a straight answer as to why they no
longer needed my services.  During the year before I left for guide dog
school, I became very sick and lost alot of work time.  Finally I found out
that it was a problem with my thyroid gland - way over active.  I also was
finally diagnosed with Acid Reflux and I had lost way too much weight - 20
lbs - and I looked like a skeleton.

I've often wondered if missing more work with getting the dog was a factor
in my losing the job. It was before the ADA then.  It was a tiny software
company that was run by a guy and his girlfriend.  There were three of us
other employees. I don't even know if the company is even around anymore.

As for the roommate, well lets just say it was more than just a roommate
with whom to lease a room from.  That relationship ended and I moved here.

With my being mindful of extra stressors, I am pretty healthy now and on
medication for the cronic stuff.  I know myself and what I need to do to
stay healthy.

Take care,

Linda and Landon