[nagdu] [Seeingeye-l] [GDUI-Friends] Re: [buddy-l] Young DogsSlowing Down in the Summer heat.

Lisa lison1273 at live.com
Fri Jul 10 00:28:27 UTC 2009

When we go to this park I would have to say that the temperature is at the
very most between the mid to upper seventies.  When I stop for water it is
always in the shade.  I have never and would never work her in the eighties
unless it was absolutely necessary.  I think thathappened at the most twice
and that was when I had an appointment or a meeting and when we left the
house it was somewhat cooler.  Hailey has and will give me very definite
signs if and when she is too hot.  For instance the first time that we went
to the park I did not have any water for us and as we were going around the
loop she put her head on my knee and then a few steps she stopped dead in
her tracks and I knew right then and there that she has had enough.  Oncde I
got that sign I stopped when we got back to the starting poi nt of the loop
and sat down and waited for my friend to finish his walk.  I definitely
listen and will always listen to my girls warning cues.  I love her so much
that I would never make her do anything that she couldn't or would not do
when it comes to the heat.  Please don't think that I am just worrying about
myself and not giving her any consideration because I am.