[nagdu] Goodbye My Lovely

Linda Gwizdak linda.gwizdak at cox.net
Tue Jul 14 17:45:46 UTC 2009

Meghan,
I've had to retire dogs early and had to return them to TSE.  Rest assured
that the folks at TSE will do their utmost to assure Jade a great home that
is the best one for her.  And one who will take good care of her special
needs. Be sure to detail those special needs to TSE so they can find the
right home for her.

Don't beat yourself up over the problems with Jade.  these things happen and
it is nobody's fault - they just happen. Just do what is best for her best
interests.  Dogs are not like people as far as making promises - they don't
even know about that kind of thought. they just care that they are safe,
loved and get all their needs met.  Sure, they miss you and get depressed
for awhile because you can't explain things to them.  But in a loving home,
they do come around and learn to love their new people. She may do best in a
home where she is the only pet and the people either are retired or work
from home.

But, rest assured that Jade will get a great home. I know it isn't easy -
not ever - to give up a dog.  I am on dog number 8 and I've had to retire
several early because of a problem with the dog and once when I got an
injury where I couldn't have a dog for a year.  None of it is easy.  Just
know that you have done the best for Jade. You show her the most love by
providing her the envirnment that is best for her.  And your love for
Snickers as well. He needs you to provide him with a safe and comfortable
home.

You take care and have a peaceful mind as the pain will soon pass.  And no,
you never forget any dog you've had.  And yes, it hurts EVERY TIME you must
retire a dog - no matter how many you have had.  You make decisions based on
what is best for the dog and then you have to move on.

I know your hurt and sorrow - I've been there and done that a number of
times.

Peace to you.

Linda and Landon