[nagdu] Dallas restaurant

Sherrill O'Brien sherrill.obrien at verizon.net
Wed Jul 15 17:01:06 UTC 2009

Hi Dar and all,

As I said in my post, the cost is $15 per day at the Anatole in Dallas to
rent the fridge.  Unfortunately, there are no microwaves.

I'm sure some people have told the hotel they needed the fridge for health
reasons, and got away with it.  But the hotel isn't about to give hundreds
of them out for free!  There's always the option of buying a styrofoam
cooler when you make your grocery run, but of course then your cool storage
capacity is pretty limited.  Bringing cold cereals and Parmalot milk, which
doesn't need refrigeration till it is opened, is something I've done for
years for convention.  Then there's good old peanut butter and jelly
sandwiches.  Getting creative is what it's all about.

By the way, I was so very proud of my guide Merry!!  She'll be 12 in Dec.,
and she did so well at convention.  She wasn't stressed, and even walked the
entire March for Independence.  Of course it was a treat for her every time
we went out to eat with Marion and Merry, since we live in the same Florida
county, and my dog loves both of them!  I went to the hotel a day early, and
so I wasn't so stressed myself about finding my way.  I left my dog with
friends  who didn't attend the banquet, and was glad I was able to do that
and simply use my cane.

a great big thank you to all who volunteered to work our NAGDU table!  It
was hectic at times, but we were certainly successful in our fund raising.

Sherrill