[nagdu] Chicken meal

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Fri Jul 17 15:31:43 UTC 2009

Hi Lora.
Glad to hear your vet is trying to help you find a good food.

I'm not sure about chicken meal.  The food I feed, Canidae, has
human-grade chicken, so I think that's good.  Other foods add stuff like
beaks and feathers to their chicken meal, which makes it, well, not
human-grade, and I think that's bad. They can also put in chickens that
died of disease, and I don't want that, either.
My guess is, if the chicken meal is from quality sources, then it's OK,
otherwise not.

Anyone else know more about it?
Tracy