[nagdu] Social butterflies and shuttle launch

Audrey Farnum atfarnum at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 17:51:03 UTC 2009

Hi all,

This is my first time on the list so I'll introduce myself real quick.
 I'm Audrey from Oklahoma City.  I have a soon to be 4 year old yellow
lab named Cinnabar.  She is from the San Rafael campus of GDB.
Now on to my message....

Cinnabar has never reacted to noise before, but during the shuttle
launch recording, she sat up and buried her head in my lap.  I was
really surprised by her reaction because she generally has nerves of
steel.  I covered her ears and comforted her through it.  As soon as
the recording was over, she curled up in a ball and went back to
sleep.  It was the only time she moved during general session.  I
don't think it traumatized her too much but I felt horrible at the
time.

As for being a social butterfly, my girl did some get to know you
sniffing as well, but I wasn't oblivious and she got back to focusing
on her work fairly well.  I was really pleased with her work during
convention.  Since this was my first convention, I was concerned about
how Cinnabar would handle the chaos, but she was great.  Nothing
phased her. Well, except for that shuttle recording, but that was
pretty minor.

Audrey and Cinnabar