[nagdu] Cleaning up after dogs

Mardi Hadfield wolfsinger.lakota at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 22:10:34 UTC 2009

Hi every one,   There is an exemption for picking up after your dog in
Tucson, if you are disabled. I am very lucky that my dogs prefer to go in my
yard before we leave. That being said, If my dogs did relieve them selves
when we were out in public, I would pick up after them. Fostering dogs for
rescue, there are always a lot of dogs in my home, and I am expected to pick
up after them on my own property. I do this at dusk as i am very light
sensitive, and when the sun is going down, it is easier for me. I do have
some residual sight, and I take a rake and rake the entire yard and put it
in piles and then pick it up and bag it.I do occasionally miss a "turd" or
two, but for the most part, I think I do pretty good. I feel that I must do
it as I don't want to offend my neighbors, and I don't want some one to
complain about the dogs, and it is the law. It is not always easy to do this
as I am doing it from a wheelchair.  I have certain ways of doing it to make
it some what easier.   I think, there is always a way to do some thing even
if you are physically handicapped.   If there were ever a time when I could
not do it myself, I would pay a "Pooper Scooper" company to do it. There are
companies that do this. I would probably cut back on the number of dogs that
I would foster. I some times have friends over to my house and some times
they do bring their dogs. They know that they must clean up after their
dogs. If some one does not do it, they are not invited back. If I went to
some one else's house and my dog relieved on their property, I would pick up
after my dog , because I consider it a common courtesy. I know that there
are some people that don't pick up after their dogs because of the
exemption, but I will always do it because I think it is the right thing to
do. JMHO  Have a great day, Mardi and Shaman, and Nala, retired

--
http://wolfsinger-lakota.blogspot.com/