[nagdu] Worried about Chet. Again

Buddy Brannan buddy at brannan.name
Tue Jul 28 14:09:45 UTC 2009

Hi,

I've had Chet for six and a half years, and he's had the same food for
at least three of those years (perhaps more). A stool sample is going
to the vet this morning; I just called them and they said what I
picked up should be fine.

Anxiety: just my pop psychology sort of analysis, but I wouldn't be
surprised if it weren't somewhat accurate. Chet really, really doesn't
like hospitals. I think he has associated long car rides with them,
and no wonder, since most of the long car rides *have* ended up at
hospitals. Mostly Children's for Alena, a couple of those stays being
fairly extended, and most recently, for Melanie's neck surgery.

He's very eager to go any time I'm going anywhere, which makes the
whole thing that much more perplexing.