[nagdu] Introduction

Sherrill O'Brien sherrill.obrien at verizon.net
Tue Jul 28 14:46:51 UTC 2009

Hi Beverly,

Welcome to our list!  It was good to have you as a guest on our Board
meeting conference call last Sunday.  This list has lots of subscribers, so
hopefully it will help spread the word in Georgia to help you at least get a
guide dog committee going.

To all on the list, Beverly and I were in the same class at Southeastern
Guide Dogs here in Florida.  This was way back in 1999.  Well, I got
Beverly's guide dog Shiloh's sister whose name was Canter.  Canter decided
rather quickly that she did not wish to have a career guiding blind people
around.  So after two months of trying to convince her otherwise, she
flunked out and I was back at Southeastern, where I got my current guide
Merry, who apparently was just waiting for me to come back, since she was
almost given to me instead of Canter.  At least Canter didn't put any
foolish ideas in Shiloh's head (smile.)

Anyway, we're glad you've joined our list, Beverly and Shiloh!

Sherrill and Merry