[nagdu] Do's and Don't's

Katrin Andberg katrin at maplewooddog.com
Mon Jun 1 20:36:42 UTC 2009

I train my dogs to let me know when they have to go out to use the bathroom
and also to go on command when I tell them to.  So during the day if I get
super involved in doing work and don't realize that one or the other
probably needs to go out, then they start to bug me until I get up and take
them out.  I guess it just transferred over to the nighttime, it's not
something I set out to teach them, to wake me up in the middle of the night
to go out if they are sick, it's something they all do and something I
assumed most well house trained dogs did.  And no I don't have an outside
door near my bedroom, I have to get up and walk down the hall, through the
dining area, through the kitchen to the back door.  If they are sick and I
open the bedroom door, the dog rushes to the back door, waits for me to get
there and open it and is sick outside.  The only time accidents happen
inside is if I'm not home and the dog is crated and sick.

Katrin & James