[nagdu] Do's and Don't's

Ioana Gandrabur igandrabur at gmx.de
Mon Jun 1 22:47:32 UTC 2009

HI all,

Fascinating topic!

My dog never had accidents in the house except at night when he had to
vomit. but he also hardly lets me know if he has to go. If I forget he can
wait forever and I feel terrible when I remember. The most he does is comes
and sits next to me. No wining or nudging or panting. He is too discrete!

as for furniture we had the funniest thing happening a few weeks ago. He is
not allowed on furniture except one bed in our tv room and only if we invite
him up. However his pup raiser told us that while he was snot allowed on
their sofa she had this ritual of putting a blanket on top of her and then
he would climb on her and go to sleep. I thought this was very cute when he
was a puppy but forgot about it completely until a few days ago my husband
was lying on the couch and asked me for a blanket because he was chilly.
Adrian started getting very interested in the proceedings, almost helping me
to put it on my husband. When it was ready he jumped all paws in the air and
landed on top of him. We had to laugh so hard to see his puppy habits
showing up after all this time but I must admit we were just a bit scared to
se him rocketing in the air with his 80 pounds.

Basically we would let him on furniture when we invite him and not when he
decides.

All the best to you people and your dogs and other animals.

Ioana