[nagdu] Woman with guide dog says civil rights were violated

Wayne Merritt wcmerritt at gmail.com
Sat Jun 6 03:23:54 UTC 2009

>From the tone of the article, I don't think that the average viewer
came away with the impression of a guide dog owner with a huge problem
of what her dog's school reference was. Rather, from what I could
tell, the owner was more upset with the larger incident with the
manager and the police.

Regarding what the school said, it just seemed confusing to me, that's
all. If no one else saw any issues with it, then I'm fine with that. I
also hope the guide dog owner pursues the suit and that the management
of Taco Bell see the error in their ways. I know of other potential
denial of access or discrimination incidents with guide dog owners in
and around the Austin area, so hopefully if this suit went far enough,
it would help to better educate other restaurant owners.

Wayne