[nagdu] Woman with guide dog says civil rights were violated

Julie J julielj at windstream.net
Sat Jun 6 14:05:27 UTC 2009

Marsha,

I agree, but I don't think the average Joe Public understands the difference
between a Seeing Eye Dog, Leader Dog, guide dog or all the other terms.  My
experience is that they pick one term and use it to apply to all dogs that
accompany people with disabilities.  I don't think the middle of an access
challenge is the time to explain the difference.

I owner train and I've been asked if that is a:  Seeing Eye Dog, Leader Dog,
Helper Dog, service dog, assistance dog, guide dog,  and working dog.  I
answer the same to all these questions, "yes, she/he is a guide dog."

HTH
Julie