[nagdu] Woman with guide dog says civil rights were violated

Angie Matney angie.matney at gmail.com
Sat Jun 6 16:02:12 UTC 2009

Hi Jenine,

I could be wrong, but I think Marion was talking about a possible criminal
case. I think he was suggesting that an attorney might argue that an access
denial was not a crime if it didn't happen to a team from The Seeing Eye.
(Having said that, I don't remember if Texas has criminal access-denial
statutes or not.) In a criminal case, the ADA terminology wouldn't matter,
but as I said in my other email, I don't think an attorney could win an
argument on a technicality like that.