[nagdu] Woman with guide dog says civil rights were violated

Tamara Smith-Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Sat Jun 6 18:23:46 UTC 2009

Well put!  The non-traditional breed thing can result in unexpected
converational turns as well as the occasional tense discussion about whether
or not a poodle *is* a guide dog or not.  Especially when people see actual
Guide Dobs from Guide Dobs for the Blind everywhere in teir green vests
and/or GDB harnesses.  I haven't had huge problems, and hardly even notice
the conversations, even those that turn into discussions, but a poodle sans
green vest does not a guide dog make!  /smile/

Of course, GDB has also trained people about guide dogs and the etiquette
the general public should have towards guide dogs, so I have it easy.
/smile/

Tami Smith-Kinney