[nagdu] I'm on my way soon

Pickrell, Rebecca M (IS) REBECCA.PICKRELL at ngc.com
Wed Jun 10 13:04:10 UTC 2009

Ted.
Who warned you that the dog needs to be "fully your responsibility". If
it's your wife, I'd suggest you two have a serious talk so that you are
on the same page with regard to "the idea of having a dog around" and
the practicality of having a dog around.
Would she be willing to clean up an accident while you take the dog out
for another round at going potty? If not, are you okay with this?
My concern with this post is that warnings are what the cops give you,
not what a loving spouse gives you.
If you guys have issues with taking responsibility and following
through, I'd suggest you resolve them before you get a dog.
Lastly, if this warning has come from someone outside the marriage, I
still dislike it for the reasons stated above. The dog is part of a
family, and while you should be the primary caretaker, I'd hope whoever
"warned you, realizes that at times your wife will need to take the dog
to relieve, may need to clean up an accident, stuff like that. And, I'd
hope that she'd do this or tell you if it became a problem, not because
you are unable to do these things, but because she loves you and loves
the dog.
As for the rabbit, Linda's post already covered it.