[nagdu] Lines in the sand?

Tamara Smith-Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Fri Jun 12 15:33:05 UTC 2009

Hope,

No suggestions, but I feel your pain.  /smile/  Mine is also a traveling
pooper, and it took me forever to get the hang of finding all the pieces.
She has a pretty consistent pattern, so if I find the first one, I can
generally get to the others without spending the rest of the day feeling the
grass/bark dust/whatever.  She likes to go at the park when we're playing,
so I get plenty of practice.  I notice that I'm moving past the stage in
vision loss where I can see her posture reliably enough to keep track,
though, so need to start doing some training to get her to let me know when
she has to go or something when there's no one around to give me the news.
/smile/

I did inadvertently teach her to "show me," but I've gotten lax with that
since we have a yard.  Out in public, hearing someone snicker nearby and
realizing it's because you're encouraging your dog to "show me the poop" is
just so special.  /lol/

Tami Smith-Kinney