[nagdu] question

Allison Nastoff anastoff at wi.rr.com
Thu Jun 18 18:27:54 UTC 2009

Gilbert is allowed in the kitchen because he has very good
kitchen manners.  But don't get me wrong.  He is a yellow lab who
loves to eat (smile).  He does not countersurf or beg, but he
will stand right next to whoever is cooking, ready to clean up
anything that falls on the floor.  If there is a spill that my
parents and I do not want him to clean up because he might get
sick, I just call him away and walk him to the other room.
I used to have a pet dog who would put her paws on a chair and
lick the plates after dinner if we left the room without doing
the dishes, and another pet dog who would steal bread off the
counter.  Both did it when we were not around, so we could not
correct them, so my best advice would be to remove all temptation
from the tables and counters before you leave the room.
Allison and Gilbert

especially for the people that have labs, goldens and lab/ golden
crosses.  And if so, how do you make sure that they are not
counter surfing (looking for food on the counters)?  If you hear
them hop down from surfing what do you do?  Most important of all
how do you break them of this habit??? HELP!!! Any advice would
be greatly appreciated.  Thank you in advance.