[nagdu] Do's and Don't's

The Pawpower Pack pawpower4me at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 23:27:08 UTC 2009

Dan, I've frequently wondered the same thing.  My last guide was a
Border Collie and she *hated* obedience sequences.  They did nothing
but bore her and stress her out because she didn't understand the
point of doing them.  So I got out of the habit of doing them because
they just frustrated us both.  That doesn't mean she wasn't obedient,
though.  She was actually one of the most obedient dogs I've ever had.

Laveau, my Doberman sees obedience as a "game."  I don't think she
associates it with "being the boss" or "discipline" at all.

Rox and the Kitchen Bitches:
Bristol (retired), Mill'E SD. and Laveau Guide dog, CGC.
"We could never learn to be brave and patient, if there were only joy
in the world." --Helen Keller
Pawpower4Me at gmail.com
MSN only: Brisomania at hotmail.com
AIM, Brissysgirl Yahoo, lillebriss