[nagdu] Do's and Don't's

Pickrell, Rebecca M (IS) REBECCA.PICKRELL at ngc.com
Mon Jun 22 20:32:49 UTC 2009

Hi Dan,
You do bring up a good point.
For me, my rules re no dog on the bed was for my comfort and my
daughter's safety, i.e. I was very concerned that my dog would roll onto
her and smother her.If you've never been around a newborn, they are
astoundingly fragile and smothering is something to be awaree of if one
cosleeps. My dog on the bed was a risk I was unwilling to take. And, we
coslept because my daughter inssited on being close to mommy. If she
wasn't, she'd go cry-cry which meant that nobody got any sleep. The dog
being on the floor meant we all got the sleep we needed and my daughter
was safe.
And, going back to a private email exchange, you know my thoughts about
dogs on the bed at just the *wrong* moment in other circumstances.
I don't think that these rules necessairly make for a better guide dog,
but they do at least to me make for a btter dog to live in my space.