[nagdu] Gavin Debecker's book Protecting The Gift

Pickrell, Rebecca M (IS) REBECCA.PICKRELL at ngc.com
Tue Jun 23 13:51:18 UTC 2009

It is.
Debecker writes about how to trust your intuition and also how to use
language and behavior so that people who aren't playing with a full deck
"get it".
He says that most people will take no for what it is, but there are
those that won't and that when you encounter such a person, and you tell
them "no" ten times and then switch to "yes" that what that person
learns is that you have a ten "no" rule before a "yes" so they just need
to keep pushing until they get what they want.
Very good stuff as are Debecker's other books which varry on the same
theme. His books are geared to women more so then guys.
Go check it out as I think they do offer good insight.
I'll also disagree with Linda in that I don't think being blind makes
people not listen, it has more to do with using the right phrasing at
the right time. That's not a blindness issue, it's knowing your
audience. If Papa bear can do this because he and Alison's brother share
an interest or because he's Dad wheras Alison is the twerpy little
sister, that's just the way it is until brother regards Alison as being
an adult.
Alison, I'd be curious to know how this shakes out.