[nagdu] guide dogs and bike/tandem?

Ioana Gandrabur igandrabur at gmx.de
Thu Jun 25 18:59:02 UTC 2009

Hi everyone,

My husband and I have just bought a tandem and are happy to explore this new
outdoors activity. Just get a bad feeling about having to leave the dog
behind at home for this. I will of course make sure to walk with him before
and/or after the bike ride. I was wondering however if any of you have
explored other options: I have heard about dogs running next to the bike as
a workout. Of course I suppose this has to be done on short distances to
make sure you're not overtiring the dog. also I have heard of a kind of
trailer made especially for large dogs that you can attach to the bike. this
could give us the option to take him on short rides from a place to an other
and leave the car behind more often. Like I said I am just exploring and
will not do any of this unless I am positive that it is safe for the little
guy.

Any thoughts on this theme are greatly appreciated as always.

Have a great summer all of you!

Ioana