[nagdu] guide dogs and bike/tandem?

Garry and Joy Relton relton30857 at cox.net
Thu Jun 25 22:29:51 UTC 2009

Tami,

Jogging, when I did it with my other guides worked fine. Basically,
depending on your pace, the behavior of your dog and the area, is just a
very fast walk. If your dog stays in control and you pick up you feet it
works well. I'm not in a place where I can walk at this point, but I
wouldn't do it with a dog who was easily distracted. For the most part, I
found that the dogs I did it with loved it and they didn't have time to be
distracted. I realize that the dog you were jogging with doesn't't earn it's
living as a guide. But, it's worth thinking about, if you are interested in
jogging at all. I just wish that I had a captain for my tandem. My husbands
knees just kill him with the repetitive motion so we're probably going to
sell ours.