[nagdu] What would you have done? An odd access issue

Marion & Martin swampfox1833 at verizon.net
Sun Mar 1 01:22:30 UTC 2009

Dan,
    Like you, I'm no legal expert, but perhaps a wet, ungroomed dog could be
construed as a "direct threat". I was once contacted by a guide dog user who
was asked to not bring his dog to the gym. When I contacted the gym, I was
asked if I had seen the dog lately. I admitted that i had not. They told me
it smelled badly and there were fleas jumping off of it. I stopped by the
person's home and, indeed, found a dog badly in need of grooming and flea
control. I told the person that, once the dog was bathed and groomed, the
gym might consider allowing access with it.

Fraternally,
Marion