[nagdu] O&M, Ownership, & Leader

The Pawpower Pack pawpower4me at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 06:10:24 UTC 2009

I'm an owner trainer so I pay for my dog totally and completely.  I
don't see how paying even just a little amount like TSE asks is a bad
thing.  I think that if you invest your time, money and other personal
assets into a relationship, you are more likely to value it.  I'm not
saying that people who don't pay for their dogs don't value them, but
I can see how even paying even fifty dollars can give a person a sense
of pride of having contributed at least a little toward the dog.

If we as the blind expect equal treatment from the sighted world then
we need to step up to the plate and demand that equal treatment across
the board.  This means that we pay for things that we want/need.  You
pay for a white cane, or a magnifier, or a talking clock.  Why would
you expect a guide dog to be any different?  If you don't have the
money to pay even at least a little toward your dog then I would
question your financial ability to care for a dog-- paying for food/
toys/vet costs/meds is not cheap.

Just my .02

Rox and Laveau,