[nagdu] Boxer guides

Julie J. jlcrane at alltel.net
Tue Mar 3 12:44:38 UTC 2009

As far as I know The Seeing Eye is the only program to offer Boxers and I think those are pretty few and far between.  I would be interested to know if I am wrong and there are other schools training Boxers.

I would also be excited to hear from anyone working a Boxer guide.  I saw the "Breed All About It" program on Animal Planet a few months ago featuring the Boxer.  There was a segment with a TSE grad working a Boxer.  It was done very well.

As most of you already know I am training a Boxer/Lab mix to be my next guide dog. He is very intelligent, but super high energy.   I don't know if all Boxers are like him, but I could definitely understand why not many Boxers are used as guides if they all have this level of enthusiasm and energy. *smile*

Julie