[nagdu] I've got a dog like that

Jenine Stanley jeninems at wowway.com
Tue Mar 3 21:24:37 UTC 2009

My two favorite situations with this exchange are:

1. Someone actually came up to me and began with "I have a dog just like
that at home!" I gave my standard "Oh, that's nice."

She went on to tell me that her dog was the same color, butterscotch, with
wavy hair, like my big show ring golden who had really long wavy fur, and
that her dog had the same ears. My golden had very Spaniel looking ears.

"Oh, but my dog only weighs 8 pounds and is a Cocker Spaniel." she said.

Yep, a dog just like mine, no doubt.

2. A friend from Australia gave me the best response to the whole "I have a
dog like that" line.

"Really? Does yours come with a handle? Damnedest thing, this one did."

It stops 'em every time.

 Jenine Stanley
jeninems at wowway.com