[nagdu] Where's your leash?

Merry Schoch merrys at verizon.net
Sat Mar 7 10:39:48 UTC 2009

Hi Jenine,

I also watched as trainers took someone dog from them.  One evening I was
standing in the cafeteria talking and my do was standing next to me, Mike S.
came up behind me and unleashed my dog.  I spun around and said, "My dog!"
Grabbed him by his collar and then my leash was returned.  Then once the
bonding was complete, I always knew where the velcro dog was.

I believe taking someone dogs is a great lesson for new guide dog handlers.
I remember one student's dog was taken from her continuously.  It almost
became sad that she didn't get it!!

Merry