[nagdu] Things I wanted to discuss, but just didn't have time to

Ron Davidson fuzzy_1 at cox.net
Sun Mar 8 16:25:44 UTC 2009

The reason the dog tracks left it is following usually a landmark on the
left like a wall the edge of a sidewalk. This is easier for them since they
are on your left and after working with their handler or partner they know
how much clearance they need on the right. I was always taught not to use
the follow command because allot of dogs will get used to following and not
go by landmark or command. I am not saying this true with all dogs. I know
if me and my guide are walking in the mall and most of the traffic flow
stays on the right he will not track well and want to go to the left where
he has a landmark of the wall to follow. I don't ever use the follow command
never felt the need but everyone is different.