[nagdu] Chocolate labs as guides?

Tamara Smith-Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Tue Mar 10 07:06:38 UTC 2009

Linda,

I've only ever met one White Shepherd, and he was fantastic.  I went
absolutely nuts over him.  That may have had something to do with the fact
that he was the only thing I could see on that dark and drizzly afternoon.
/smile/

I didn't know about Leader Dogs starting with dobies.  I had neve reven
conceived of a dobie guide before I saw that one who so enthralled me on the
streets of Portland a few years back.  I thought the breed was being
introduced like poodles and some others to address allergy isuues or
something.  Hmm...  The local red dobie was at the part yesterday, and he
even played with Mitzi some while I cheerfully grilled his owners about his
temperament and whatnot.  Mitzi is under orders never to grow old or die,
but you know how stubborn she is.  I may just decide my "must have" breed is
dobie, with shepherd bumped down to second or third choice.  I do adore my
poodle, and being a sci-fi nut have "clone Mitzi" as a tentative plan A.
/smile/  Most days, anyway.  There are still days when Plan A for Next Time
is "get something sensible.  *Not* a poodle.  /grin/

Tami Smith-Kinney