[nagdu] Sun Tran Bus Co.

Marion & Martin swampfox1833 at verizon.net
Tue Mar 10 17:39:18 UTC 2009

Rebecca and Listers,
    The reason NAGDU is supportive of specific laws that protect service
animals is primarily for the ability to recover expenses that may not be
recoverable by pet owners, i.e., lost wages, re-training expenses, or
replacement of the dog. Because animals are viewed as property, property
rights only allow for the recovery of the value of the property which, in
the case of our dogs,  does not include training costs.
    Another reason for specific protection is the real threat of radical
animal rights organizations that might attempt to separate our animals from
us. In addition, we always have those ignorant individuals who make strange
noises at our dogs and other attempts to distract them from their work. All
of these conditions are offenses under these statutes. HTH!

Fraternally,
Marion