[nagdu] Drop-offs

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Wed Mar 11 18:07:40 UTC 2009

While it's nice to be lost with a partner, and, with a guide dog user
buddy, we'll go boldly exploring anywhere, the truth is that most of the
time when I get lost, I'm on my own, and I have to figure it out on my
own, without any moral support from anyone.  So I figure that's how a
drop-off should be.  And I've gotten lousy directions from sighted people
before, and had to figure out that they were lousy, sooner or later.

I remember one of my classmates flagging down a garbage truck at a traffic
light, and asking the crew what intersection it was.  Very funny, but also
pretty effective.
Tracy