[nagdu] shorelining

AnnaLisa Anderson annalisa at sector14.net
Thu Mar 12 05:01:13 UTC 2009

At Leader we learn shorelining on the left side of the road or street with
no sidewalk.  The term we are taught is "left shoulder."  They don't train
the dogs to walk on the right shoulder, I think because of the traffic
visibility thing.  Sundance does tend to bear left a lot more than my
previous dog did.  I asked my trainer about that, and he said some dogs will
do that more than others.  I have used clicker training to help teach her to
walk on the right when needed, but she still prefers walking on the left if
she can.  On walking trails especially, it can be dangerous walking on the
left shoulder when you share the trail with bikers, so I keep her to the
right as much as possible.  I don't like walking on the left in wide
hallways either, though on wide sidewalks I let her walk more toward the
left unless there's something in the way.

AnnaLisa and Sundance

Checked by AVG.
8:28 AM