[nagdu] Here's your dog!

Wayne Merritt wcmerritt at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 20:49:36 UTC 2009

All the time. A similar experience happened to me when in a store and
I dropped my cane on the floor. A gentleman standing nearby
immediately bent over to retrieve it for me, telling me that i must
have dropped it. I just smiled and said "Thanks," inwardly thinking to
myself that he was being the goofball rather than I. But I didn't say
so, at least not until I left with my friend and we laughed about it
in the car.

I've also had the awkward situation of having an airline person stand
in front of me in the airport and then say to me that she was right in
front of me. I said that I knew this, and when she asked why, I
replied with, "well, two ways. First, you just told me that you're
right in front of me. And second, I can hear your voice right in front
of me and therefore I know that you're right in front of me." She was
quiet after that, grin.

Wayne