[nagdu] Here's your dog!

Tamara Smith-Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Sat Mar 14 18:15:25 UTC 2009

Hmm...  It has only happened three or four times, I guess, if that.  I've
gotten a lot quicker on the draw when it comes to putting a stop to the
actual handle grab before it happens.  It also depends on the person how
easy he/she is to dissuade.  Airport security personnel are the worst!  At
one airport, they grabbed my dog after she went through the detector, then
kept nagging me to come on through, like I was just being obstinate standing
there holding up the line.  OMG!  Since this was my first air trip without
helpful vision, I found the whole scene rather overwhelming.  Then there was
the security team that wanted to give my dog a cavity search!  No way, no
how!  Mitzi and I were in firm agreement on that one.

Then there was the escalator at Lloyd Center...  And that time on the street
corner...  /lol/  Those are the big ones.  So it doesn't happen that often,
but it's so shocking when it does and can turn into such a hairball that
every bit of every time really stands out in memory.  Yikes!  With spring
and summer coming, and all the happy, helpful Portlanders sprouting like
muschrooms after the rain, I'm sure I have a chance to see if Mitzi and I
handle it any better this year.  /smile/

Tami Smith-Kinney